After Effects JSON import troubles

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
daninski

Re: After Effects JSON import troubles

Post by daninski » 20 Apr 2018, 15:43

I'm sure that's how I updated to 11.0.8 too.
http://www.daninski.com
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.

daninski

Post by daninski » 20 Apr 2018, 17:37

Tvpaint angels to the rescue! Thanks Benjamin!
http://www.daninski.com
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.

supraduroo

Post by supraduroo » 23 Mar 2020, 11:02

pixelchomp wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 21:05
Hi Clément,

Thanks again for sending the script. I've tried a handful of experiments and finally found the root of the issue. Here's a little background:
-- I'm currently working in AE 2017.2 on PC
-- There are no errors when running the script
-- I use a custom workspace that I have saved in AE

If I load the script, browse to the json file and click open, nothing happens. (The file browser closes and just returns to AE).
However, if I switch my workspace to AE's Default workspace, the script works as expected. I can even go from my custom workspace, to default, and back to my custom workspace and the script works.

So it seems there's an issue with AE loading with my custom workspace initially that's throwing the script off. It's a strange one, but switching the workspaces seems to do the trick.

Thanks again for reaching out, and hopefully the info above helps.
-p
Hi pixelchomp,
I had the exact same problem here and your method worked for me too. I work on Windows10 and tried the JSON-Import in AE19 and AE20. I switched the Workspace back to "Standard" and to my surprise it worked again. Thx for your help.