TVPaint Animation 11's first update is finally here, bringing lots of bugfixes, and also some nice new little things
What's new in TVPaint Animation 11.0.1 ?
* An option has been added in the Preferennces panel (Display tab) regarding drag and dropping images in the timeline :
- if unchecked, behavior will be the same as 10.5 : no pop-up will appear when drag and dropping.
- if checked, behavior will be the same as 11.0.0 : a pop-up will appear when drag and dropping.
* Peg Holes have been added in the Light Table display (for OOP) for previous and next images/instances/...
* When extracting colors form a CTG Layer, resulting layers have the same opacity as the original CTG layer.
* A Contiguous option has been added to the paint bucket, selection: magic wand, cutting tool: magic wand (works like Photoshop), alongside with a Display checkbox in the selection: magic wand.
* The Break Instance option that was in TVPaint Animation 10's Animator Panel has been added to the Handy Panel (to have it, delete your Handy Panel, it will be recreated when you relaunch TVPaint).
FX Stack :
* A new FX has been added in the Color section : Scan Cleaner Color : it is similar to the Scan Cleaner, but works with colors
Here's an example of what it does. Let's take this scanned image :
And let's open the FX Stack, select Scan Cleaner Color :
A few words about the parameters names. The names were quite difficult to choose as the mathematical formulas behind them are complicated, so here's what they do :
- Stroke intensity : Sets the color intensity of the source image : the less the value, the harder the resulting colors will be.
- Global transparency : Sets the global transparency.
- Transparency profile : Lets you set the level of details to keep (it works the same way as the Scan Cleaner Black and White).
- Post-processing : Sets the background color.
- Background color : Choose the background color.
- Saturate lines colors : All colors will have RGB components with a value of either 0 or 255.
As a consequence of this new FX, the old Scan Cleaner has been renamed into Scan Cleaner Black and White. The online documentation will be updated soon.
* It is now possible to assign keys to previous and next mark in the History Panel.
* A command has been added to retrieve AND set H, S and L colors.
Code: Select all
tv_GetAPen ["rgb"|"hsl"] tv_GetBPen ["rgb"|"hsl"] @return r g b a ( if no parameter (compatible mode) ) @return "rgb" r g b ( if "rgb" parameter ) @return "hsl" h s l ( if "hsl" parameter ) @return "error" tv_SetAPen r g b | r g b a | "rgb" r g b | "hsl" h s l tv_SetBPen r g b | r g b a | "rgb" r g b | "hsl" h s l @return previous values: "rgb" r g b ( if r g b (compatible mode) ) @return previous values: "rgb" r g b ( if r g b a (to be able to use GetAPen result as parameters) ) @return previous values: "rgb" r g b ( if "rgb" parameters ) @return previous values: "hsl" h s l ( if "hsl" parameters ) @return "error"
Code: Select all
tv_projectrendercamera [id] //@in id : storyboard id, or current storyboard if no parameter //@return id : id of the created storyboard
What was fixed and/or improved in TVPaint Animation 11.0.1 ?
* Fixed a crash that could happen when using FX with library.
* Split clip no longer set wrong MarkIn/Out when using them.
* Frame numbers are no longer too close to the edge of the frame.
* Export Panel : when using the slate, the starting frame is now correctly remembered.
* When duplicating a layer's structure, repeat image options is correctly saved.
* Library now remembers the last used current folder when re-opening a project.
* Project Tab: Timeline view : when there is no sound, numbers are easier to read.
* FX Brush Spreading : dispersion minimum value has been set to 3.
* Warp Tool : When changing square size, the result is visible instantly (it's no longer needed to select another tool to see the changes).
* FX Stack : Modifying a key after the fifth strip no longer moves the key underneath.
* Using Guideline Assist and the play button no longer display a black box when moving the mouse.
* Color schemes values have been changed for some elements of the interface (see with a new config).
* Converting a CTG layer into an Anim layer should no longer result in strange results.
* Drawing with a custom brush that was created form a file should no longer cause a crash.
* Not setting an unique name when exporting a tvpx should no longer cause a crash.
* Mixer > Lock : when activated, it is now possible to pick up colors again (icon has been changed into a padlock)
* In the Edit Custom Brush panel, the x/2 and y/2 icons are no longer inverted.
* Fixed a bug that prevented from choosing a device input after unplugging one.
* FX Particles Generator : fixed a crash that could happen when particle life was set to 0%.
* Square size (Texturizer) should be updated when changing their size.
* Texturizer : fixed a crash that could happen when using a texture from the Library.
* Fixed a crash that could happen after Modifying and switching projects.
* [Linux] Linux RPM installer should now correctly support upgrades.
* [Android] Sound tracks are now saved in the project.
FX Stack :
* [Win64] Previewing the Inlay Texture FX should no longer cause a crash.
* It should now be easier to recognize which tab is selected in the FX Stack when using the Steel color scheme.
* Flipping in instance mode has been improved.
* Flipping outside the limite should no longer cause an infinite loop.
* The Out Of Pegs options should now show all images, before and after the current frame.
* Various localisations fixes for Text Tool.
* In the Layer Preset Manager, Clip End is now used instead of Clip Stop.
* In the FX Stack, Progress Profile is now called Speed Profile.
* In the Start tab of the Preferences panel, Autostretch layer has been renamed into Auto Create Frame, and Autobreak instance has been renamed into Auto Break Instance.
* TVP Animation has been remaned into TVPaint Animation when selecting the File Requester in preferences panel.
* In the Export panel, Clap has been renamed into Slate.
* FX Stack : Apply on AutoBreak has been renamed into User Defined (english) / Personnalisé (french).
* Edit Brush > Remove brush opacity with APen color has been renamed to BPen color.
* Shape Transform >> Pan is now called Shape Transform >> Panning tool.
* tv_layermerge is now case-sensitive for the mode.