dongel doesn't work

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
luce

dongel doesn't work

Post by luce » 11 Nov 2017, 19:33

Hi, I hope someone is able to help me with the following.
My computer crashed so I have been trying to install tvpaint on a other computer. Imac, el capitan 10.11
I installed tvpaint pro 9 and the sentinal driver. My dongels green light is on. But when I want to start Tvpaint I keep on getting the message that I need to plug in my dongel.
When I click ok, tvpaint dissapears.
I also tried to install tvpaint 9 pro on a other mac. a newer version and I had the same problem.
I have an very important deadline wednesday so I hope someone is able to help me with this problem?

When I buy tvpaint11 pro, will I be alble to work with the tvpaint 9 projects? Is that compatible? And will I have the same problems?

Thierry
Site Admin

Re: dongel doesn't work

Post by Thierry » 13 Nov 2017, 16:02

The Sentinel drivers that were shipped with TVPaint Animation 9 no longer work on the recent versions of macOS.
I have uploaded the Sentinel on our server, here's a link: https://owncloud.tvpaint.com/index.php/ ... MEUgsVQ6yn
When I buy tvpaint11 pro, will I be alble to work with the tvpaint 9 projects? Is that compatible? And will I have the same problems?
Yes, TVPaint 9 projects can be opened with TVPaint 11.
About the drivers, we ship the latest working version of the drivers with TVPaint 11.
On holidays from July 10th to July 28th. En congés du 10 au 27 juillet.
------------------------------
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu. ~ If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
------------------------------

luce

Post by luce » 18 Nov 2017, 19:49

Thank you for your answer,
The sentinel worked on the computer with El Capitan. Thank you for that. But had to buy a new one and now I have the same problem again.
The new iMac came with high Sierra. This link to this sentinel doesn't work. Can you send me a link to a working one?
thank you!

o0Ampy0o

Post by o0Ampy0o » 19 Nov 2017, 01:34

luce wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 19:49

The new iMac came with high Sierra. This link to this sentinel doesn't work. Can you send me a link to a working one?
The link worked for me.

Did you mean the file itself did not work because it is for a different version of OS X (El Capitan instead of High Sierra)?
Main System: Mac Pro running OS X: 10.10.5 | 3.8GHz i7 | 32GB RAM | NVIDEA GeForce GTX 970 4GB | 64-bit TVPaint Pro 11.0.6 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro using Driver: 6.3.21-8