Old full Android version for free too?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Post Reply
hache
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Jun 2017, 18:41

Old full Android version for free too?

Post by hache » 15 Jul 2018, 17:27

Hi!

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet (2012 version) and the old trial version of TVPaint 10 (android) works great on it. Since they released the new free version, it would be great to have that stable version for free too!
Is there any chance that this will happen? I know many people who would appreciate this (:

Thanks a lot!
Regards,

Hache.

Svengali
Posts: 1185
Joined: 28 Dec 2006, 10:08
Contact:

Re: Old full Android version for free too?

Post by Svengali » 16 Jul 2018, 23:26

I, too, have an earlier TVPaint 11.0 standard release on my Galaxy Note 10.1 (2012) tablet (it works incredibly well though at times the screen goes black, but it's easily restored).

Is the current beta version for Android the 11.08 Pro version? More importantly, can I keep the old version installed if I also install the new beta version? (If yes I'm assuming that .tvpp files would NOT be compatible between versions?)

Finally, I would appreciate a report from anyone who has installed the new version of TVPaint 11 open beta - Android, on an old Galaxy Note 10.1 (2012) - is it the Pro version? Is stability a HUGE problem? How about the lower screen resolution - problem there?

Actually, I considered buying a used version of the Galaxy Note 10.1 with the high-res screen resolution - anyone have comments and/or experience on that with the new TVPaint 11 - Pro Android version installed?

thanks for any feedback, sven
Desktop: tvp Pro 11.0.8-64bit, Win8.1 - 24GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - intuos4 - d.ver.6.3.15-3
Android Tablet: release 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB internal - microSD 32GB

User avatar
melanie
Site Admin
Posts: 309
Joined: 12 Sep 2017, 07:13

Re: Old full Android version for free too?

Post by melanie » 18 Jul 2018, 11:26

Our current Open Android version is TVPaint Animation 11 Professional Edition.
If you already have the Standard Edition, you can install the new version and keep them both.
.tvpp files are compatible for the different versions. Just keep in mind that the functions only available in the Professional Edition will not be opened in the Standard Edition (e.g. CTG layer).
Mélanie Do Monte • Sales & Support

Svengali
Posts: 1185
Joined: 28 Dec 2006, 10:08
Contact:

Re: Old full Android version for free too?

Post by Svengali » 18 Jul 2018, 18:57

melanie wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 11:26
Our current Open Android version is TVPaint Animation 11 Professional Edition.
If you already have the Standard Edition, you can install the new version and keep them both.
.tvpp files are compatible for the different versions. Just keep in mind that the functions only available in the Professional Edition will not be opened in the Standard Edition (e.g. CTG layer).
Wonderful. Will install Open Android version (11 Pro) on my Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet today. After I have a look, I'll post in the future about the experience. (Also I received your email; point taken. )

Thanks. Sven
Desktop: tvp Pro 11.0.8-64bit, Win8.1 - 24GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - intuos4 - d.ver.6.3.15-3
Android Tablet: release 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB internal - microSD 32GB

hache
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Jun 2017, 18:41

Re: Old full Android version for free too?

Post by hache » 18 Jul 2018, 19:36

Svengali wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 23:26
I, too, have an earlier TVPaint 11.0 standard release on my Galaxy Note 10.1 (2012) tablet (it works incredibly well though at times the screen goes black, but it's easily restored).

Is the current beta version for Android the 11.08 Pro version? More importantly, can I keep the old version installed if I also install the new beta version? (If yes I'm assuming that .tvpp files would NOT be compatible between versions?)

Finally, I would appreciate a report from anyone who has installed the new version of TVPaint 11 open beta - Android, on an old Galaxy Note 10.1 (2012) - is it the Pro version? Is stability a HUGE problem? How about the lower screen resolution - problem there?

Actually, I considered buying a used version of the Galaxy Note 10.1 with the high-res screen resolution - anyone have comments and/or experience on that with the new TVPaint 11 - Pro Android version installed?

thanks for any feedback, sven
Yeah, the thing is that the new open version (11) apparently is not compatible with the Galaxy Note 10.1 (2012 android 4.4.2) but it is on the 2014 version (android 5.1.1.) Even the demo version for the android TVP 11 works great on this tablet. But not the full apk /:

It would be great to have that full version unlock working on the old galaxy note 10.1 (android 4.4.2).

Svengali
Posts: 1185
Joined: 28 Dec 2006, 10:08
Contact:

Re: Old full Android version for free too?

Post by Svengali » 18 Jul 2018, 20:19

hache wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 19:36
Yeah, the thing is that the new open version (11) apparently is not compatible with the Galaxy Note 10.1 (2012 android 4.4.2) but it is on the 2014 version (android 5.1.1.) Even the demo version for the android TVP 11 works great on this tablet. But not the full apk /:

It would be great to have that full version unlock working on the old galaxy note 10.1 (android 4.4.2).
Yes, it would be great (especially that's the tablet I have now :) ).
I just tried installing the new open version (11) on my old Galaxy Note 10.1 (2012) - apparently confirming to me that what you say is so.

If so I guess I need to talk with someone about that.

Thanks for the clarification on the problem.

Sven
Desktop: tvp Pro 11.0.8-64bit, Win8.1 - 24GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - intuos4 - d.ver.6.3.15-3
Android Tablet: release 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB internal - microSD 32GB

User avatar
melanie
Site Admin
Posts: 309
Joined: 12 Sep 2017, 07:13

Re: Old full Android version for free too?

Post by melanie » 19 Jul 2018, 06:45

The free Open Android version is compatible with Android 5 and above.
Previous versions of Android won't be able to run it.
Mélanie Do Monte • Sales & Support

User avatar
D.T. Nethery
Posts: 2319
Joined: 27 Sep 2006, 19:19

Re: Old full Android version for free too?

Post by D.T. Nethery » 19 Jul 2018, 12:55

hache wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 19:36

Yeah, the thing is that the new open version (11) apparently is not compatible with the Galaxy Note 10.1 (2012 android 4.4.2) but it is on the 2014 version (android 5.1.1.) Even the demo version for the android TVP 11 works great on this tablet. But not the full apk /:

It would be great to have that full version unlock working on the old galaxy note 10.1 (android 4.4.2).
I had to root my Galaxy Note 10.1 and then update it to Android 6 . TVPaint 11 runs fine . It can be a bit of a pain to go through the process of rooting the tablet , but once you've got it rooted and updated to Android 6 , TVPaint 11 runs fine on the Galaxy Note 10.1 .
MAC OS 10.11.6 , Macbook Pro Retina 15-inch, Mid 2015,
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB Memory , TVPaint PRO 11.0.6, 64bit -
Wacom Cintiq 21 UX - Wacom Intuos Pro 5 - driver version 6.3.20-8

Svengali
Posts: 1185
Joined: 28 Dec 2006, 10:08
Contact:

Re: Old full Android version for free too?

Post by Svengali » 19 Jul 2018, 15:06

D.T. Nethery wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 12:55
I had to root my Galaxy Note 10.1 and then update it to Android 6 . TVPaint 11 runs fine . It can be a bit of a pain to go through the process of rooting the tablet , but once you've got it rooted and updated to Android 6 , TVPaint 11 runs fine on the Galaxy Note 10.1 .
That sounds exciting... are there any other consequences to rooting the Galaxy Note 10.1? Other wise I'm game to try it. Is there link?

sven
Desktop: tvp Pro 11.0.8-64bit, Win8.1 - 24GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - intuos4 - d.ver.6.3.15-3
Android Tablet: release 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB internal - microSD 32GB

User avatar
Peter Wassink
Posts: 3470
Joined: 17 Feb 2006, 15:38
Location: Amsterdam (Basse-Lotharingie)
Contact:

Re: Old full Android version for free too?

Post by Peter Wassink » 19 Jul 2018, 15:43

i'd be interested too to learn about this, i might even start using it...(its gathering dust now.)
what do people use a tablet for anyway?

i bought it because i thought it would be nice to draw or even animate ' on the go' but tvpaint without a keyboard is a pain, and the bluetooth keyboard is a hassle to set up every time :?

maybe there are some improved drawing apps for android 6?
because i heard procreate on the mac tablet and its new pencil sets a very high bar
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win10/64 Home - Xeon Quadcore E5410@2.33Ghz - 12Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 8Gb RAM

User avatar
D.T. Nethery
Posts: 2319
Joined: 27 Sep 2006, 19:19

Re: Old full Android version for free too?

Post by D.T. Nethery » 19 Jul 2018, 16:31

Svengali wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 15:06
D.T. Nethery wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 12:55
I had to root my Galaxy Note 10.1 and then update it to Android 6 . TVPaint 11 runs fine . It can be a bit of a pain to go through the process of rooting the tablet , but once you've got it rooted and updated to Android 6 , TVPaint 11 runs fine on the Galaxy Note 10.1 .
That sounds exciting... are there any other consequences to rooting the Galaxy Note 10.1? Other wise I'm game to try it. Is there link?

sven
I watched a lot of YouTube tutorials on rooting an Android Tablet. Chad Essley gave me some tips on how to do it . I'll have to look for that thread . (may have been in beta forum)

Consequences were that all data on the Galaxy Note 10.1 was wiped out , so obviously, back-up everything first (photos, apps, etc. ). Other consequences are that built in apps like the Samsung app store and your Samsung account won't work anymore (I never used those anyway.)
MAC OS 10.11.6 , Macbook Pro Retina 15-inch, Mid 2015,
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB Memory , TVPaint PRO 11.0.6, 64bit -
Wacom Cintiq 21 UX - Wacom Intuos Pro 5 - driver version 6.3.20-8

Svengali
Posts: 1185
Joined: 28 Dec 2006, 10:08
Contact:

Re: Old full Android version for free too?

Post by Svengali » 19 Jul 2018, 17:08

I think I found the thread you're talking about... I'll do some homework. Thanks!

sven
Desktop: tvp Pro 11.0.8-64bit, Win8.1 - 24GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - intuos4 - d.ver.6.3.15-3
Android Tablet: release 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB internal - microSD 32GB

User avatar
slowtiger
Posts: 2209
Joined: 08 May 2008, 21:10
Location: berlin, germany
Contact:

Re: Old full Android version for free too?

Post by slowtiger » 26 Jul 2018, 10:02

melanie wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 06:45
The free Open Android version is compatible with Android 5 and above.
Previous versions of Android won't be able to run it.
Yesterday I saw a BOOX Prometheus https://onyxboox.com/boox_prometheus in the wild. Pretty impressive, but it seems it only runs Android 4.0.4, and has only 1 GB of RAM.
TVP 10.0.18, Mac Pro Quadcore 3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.11, QT 7.7.3

User avatar
meslin
Posts: 133
Joined: 26 Oct 2008, 03:07
Location: Connecticut / New York

Re: Old full Android version for free too?

Post by meslin » 28 Jul 2018, 22:55

I picked up a secondhand Galaxy Tab s3 (4GB of RAM) and I can confirm that tvp pro runs pretty good with it. The best part is that you get true Wacom EMR (batteryless) with Tilt Altitude/Azimuth control--even with the Cintiq 18SX pen, strangely. But the Noris Digital / Staedtler pen is really great, as light and thin as a real #2 pencil. No side switches, but that's okay. Hey, how do you zoom/rotate on the Android version? There's no control button or right-click functionality that I can figure out.

-David

Post Reply