They call it AFTER Effects for a reason..

To talk about anything else
Peter Wassink

Re: They call it AFTER Effects for a reason..

Post by Peter Wassink » 01 Jun 2013, 12:43

Lukas wrote: I discovered ZigOtto's trick works even better if you do the same with Opacity (I have a 100% opacity brush for cleaning in black, but now the brush previews with 50%, see attached image)
goeie truuk! (good one) :wink:
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win10/64 Home - Xeon Quadcore E5410@2.33Ghz - 12Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 8Gb RAM

schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau » 26 Jan 2014, 21:58

I don't know if CartoonMonkey still follows this thread, but if you need to work with some kind of After Effects guy ever again you should install this script by madsjuul
It exports your whole scene in png-sequences for every layer by a button press. His second script imports everything in After Effects, so it looks exactly the same as in TVPaint.

BTW I'm using After Effects A LOT. Maybe cause I'm more familiar with it and need some more practice with TVPaint, but it's a great tool for me for changing colours, adding camera moves and compositing everything together. I'm only doing the lines and some of the fill in TVPaint and then send it to After Effects to do all the fancy stuff, like camera moves etc.
It's a great combination for me to use both, but I would never compare them.
Last edited by schwarzgrau on 21 Feb 2014, 02:01, edited 1 time in total.
Mac OS X 10.11.6 / TVP 11.0.8 PRO / Cintiq 22HD
Mac OS X 10.11.6 / TVP 11.0.8 PRO / Cintiq Companion 2
SCHWARZGRAU.COM

CartoonMonkey

Post by CartoonMonkey » 31 Jan 2014, 09:08

Wow! I've just now picked up the thread..

It's just that having to work again with Adobe products had almost made me commit suicide.
I appreciate Mads' script.. although I hope I never have to use it!

TVP becomes so much more powerful by the day. Just yesterday, I talked to a veteran animator, who had been convinced by another animator, that animating in Photoshop was totally the way to go, to finish his short film. In the end I convinced this person to try TVPaint, especially after they saw all of it's real time playback / paint / manipulation and FX superpowers.

In short, I avoided crushing the cyanide pill contained within one of my molars.. Until someone insists Photoshop is a better animation tool, that is. I've heard it so often.. sigh.

As for or After Effects vs TVPaint, I suppose AE has a use or two, but really, for me the reasons could be counted on about one or two fingers. TVPaint remains the mainstay. I use other software for various other tasks, but when it comes to getting things done in an all in one package, TVPaint is leagues above all the rest.

You can pry TVPaint from my cold dead hands!

:mrgreen:

Elodie
Site Admin

Post by Elodie » 31 Jan 2014, 10:00

Haha, thank you Chad for your feedback, it's always a pleasure to read such nice words ^^

Too bad for your fellow animator... :roll: :lol:
Questions or problems regarding the forum ? Please contact me by PM
Question regarding TVPaint or need a quotation ? Please contact me by email

CartoonMonkey

Post by CartoonMonkey » 03 Feb 2014, 19:20

I get a bit passionate about TVPaint at times.. haha
:mrgreen: :wink: