Automated inbetweening

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
VGmaster9

Re: Automated inbetweening

Post by VGmaster9 » 05 Mar 2017, 00:13

I wish I could see what sykosan posted in this thread. I like the idea of a 2.5d look in TVPaint animations, even if it's done with third party software.

artfx

Post by artfx » 04 Jan 2018, 09:51

VGmaster9 wrote:
05 Mar 2017, 00:13
I wish I could see what sykosan posted in this thread. I like the idea of a 2.5d look in TVPaint animations, even if it's done with third party software.
He has a Youtube channel with tons of videos and lots of detail on all his techniques.
Terrence Walker
Studio ArtFX
TVPaint Animation Tutorials!!
Learn to create your animation projects today!

Micah Buzan

Post by Micah Buzan » 20 Feb 2018, 00:52

Auto inbetweening could be awesome if used in moderation. It would be nice to strike a balance of automate half of the in betweens, while drawing the other half. I'm sure if used in moderation, auto-inbetweening could speed up the workflow without leaving the animation lifeless as it often does.

D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery » 20 Feb 2018, 14:50

Micah Buzan wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 00:52
Auto inbetweening could be awesome if used in moderation. It would be nice to strike a balance of automate half of the in betweens, while drawing the other half. I'm sure if used in moderation, auto-inbetweening could speed up the workflow without leaving the animation lifeless as it often does.
I admit I'm warming up to the idea , used "in moderation". I do think your point about "used in moderation" is very important. It would take a skilled animator to know when to use that tool and when to avoid using it. I am generally against the idea of using computer interpolated inbetween drawings , because it almost always results in animation that looks lifeless or too "morphy" , but I can envision certain situations where some very slow movement ( with very closely spaced drawings) could have some of those close inbetweens done by the computer program . Even if it saved the animator an hour of tedious work that would have been spent doing the closely spaced inbetweens, it would be worth it . Those type of drawings are some of the most boring, yet difficult, inbetweens to draw , because they have to be drawn very precisely to avoid "boiling" , but those close inbetween drawings are not especially interesting to draw because the lines are right on top of each other , with only a pencil line width difference from drawing to drawing . However, if those close drawings are slashed out quickly they will wobble and boil. So they are very tedious to do. .
close drawings interpolated by computer.jpg
MAC OS 10.11.6 , Macbook Pro Retina 15-inch, Mid 2015,
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB Memory , TVPaint PRO 11.0.6, 64bit -
Wacom Cintiq 21 UX - Wacom Intuos Pro 5 - driver version 6.3.20-8