Some observation about the tools

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
condepablo

Some observation about the tools

Post by condepablo » 06 Jan 2020, 22:07

Hi, happy star of 2020

I would like to share some ideas/observations about some tools:

1- the hability to modify Roudness and orientation to the pen brush.
brush.jpg
brush.jpg (95.78 KiB) Viewed 8529 times
I made a custom anim brush where the anim work as "roudness" been 1 flat and 100 a perfect circle:
Roudness.tvpx
(556.5 KiB) Downloaded 218 times

2- it would be great if the transform tool and perspective tool will be merged into a single tool. so you can distort and scale at the same time. tvpaint its the only soft i know it has those two tools separate, and it not very comfortable.
transform tool.png
transform tool.png (12.68 KiB) Viewed 8529 times

3- about the color pannel: is there any way to keep the triangle of the chromatic wheel still? (like photoshop or clipstudio) it really complicates me work with the triangle always pointing to the color i choose. maybe there is a way to configure it but i didnt find anything about it.
wheel.png
wheel.png (31.22 KiB) Viewed 8529 times

4- it would be amazing if there was some warp tool abaible, i know the profesional version has a warp tool. but i mean the warp tool like the photoshop has. or at least some way to adapt the warp grid fx to the selection, that would be incredibly useful.
warp.jpg

i hope the software keeps upgrading, the timeline and the workflow in tvpaint is the best by far in comparison with all the others animation softwares i tried.

Svengali

Re: Some observation about the tools

Post by Svengali » 07 Jan 2020, 17:33

When using the perspective tool, click and drag anywhere except a control point to translate the perspective frame and its object.
Hold down the control key then click and drag anywhere except a control point to scale the perspective frame and its object.

Sven
Desktop: tvp Pro 11.0.10-64bit, Win8.1 - 24GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.36-1
Android Tablet: release 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB internal - microSD 32GB

condepablo

Re: Some observation about the tools

Post by condepablo » 07 Jan 2020, 21:50

Svengali wrote:
07 Jan 2020, 17:33
When using the perspective tool, click and drag anywhere except a control point to translate the perspective frame and its object.
Hold down the control key then click and drag anywhere except a control point to scale the perspective frame and its object.

Sven
thanks! i didnt know the hold down control to scale it. thats a step foward.
i tried adding shift or alt to see if I can rotate it but its not, that would be the full combination of both tools