Ruler Tool

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
deruji

Ruler Tool

Post by deruji » 05 Apr 2019, 13:23

Hello,
something I've been missing for a while and have not seen in any program is a decent ruler with subdivisions for measuring. This is something I have frequently wanted when making perspective drawings for backgrounds.
I was thinking of displaying a line with subdivisions that can be set by the user. The ruler would then display these as equally proportionite units. The example image has the ruler in various lengths set to display 5 equal units
Furthermore the ruler has three handles to allow rotation at either end and the middle.
rulertool.png
Note: added clarification.
Last edited by deruji on 07 Apr 2019, 23:28, edited 1 time in total.
Writer & Animator
Read my works at Smashwords

Svengali

Re: Ruler Tool

Post by Svengali » 05 Apr 2019, 19:41

Desktop: tvp Pro 11.0.8-64bit, Win8.1 - 24GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - intuos4 - d.ver.6.3.15-3
Android Tablet: release 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB internal - microSD 32GB

deruji

Post by deruji » 06 Apr 2019, 23:01

Regrettably it does not feature the desired functionallty.
Writer & Animator
Read my works at Smashwords

TheQuestionMark

Post by TheQuestionMark » 14 Jun 2019, 05:37

deruji wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 13:23
Hello,
something I've been missing for a while and have not seen in any program is a decent ruler with subdivisions for measuring. This is something I have frequently wanted when making perspective drawings for backgrounds.
I was thinking of displaying a line with subdivisions that can be set by the user. The ruler would then display these as equally proportionite units. The example image has the ruler in various lengths set to display 5 equal units
Furthermore the ruler has three handles to allow rotation at either end and the middle.

rulertool.png

Note: added clarification.
I recommend using Lazy Nezumi Pro for ruler in the meantime. You can adjust the scale of it. It can rotate too.

It can also do ellipses you suggested on your other thread.
Windows 10 64-Bit TvPaint Professional 11.0.8 (64-Bit)

NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano » 16 Jun 2019, 13:52

Can't you do a set of custom brushs? And then use the shortcuts to transform brushs to fit it in the right place? :)
Storyboard, animation and design work : http://nathanotano.tumblr.com/
As I'm highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios. Please don't hesitate to contact me!