Compatability with Toon Boom products

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
VGmaster9

Compatability with Toon Boom products

Post by VGmaster9 » 28 Aug 2018, 20:34

Would be nice for the next version of TVPaint be able to fully integrate with Toon Boom Harmony and Storyboard Pro. For animation, animators could use the rich drawing tools of TVP, along with the high end features and professional look of Harmony together. For storyboarding, TVP's animatic tools could be used alongside with scenes in SBP.

Cardin Collins

Re: Compatability with Toon Boom products

Post by Cardin Collins » 28 Aug 2018, 22:25

VGmaster9 wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 20:34
Would be nice for the next version of TVPaint be able to fully integrate with Toon Boom Harmony and Storyboard Pro. For animation, animators could use the rich drawing tools of TVP, along with the high end features and professional look of Harmony together. For storyboarding, TVP's animatic tools could be used alongside with scenes in SBP.
When you introduced yourself to the forum you admitted that you are neither artist nor animator. Quite audacious of you to make suggestions to "improve" software that you don't actually use.

-That's like an Amish guy saying, "Yeah, it would be great if those city folk could run Andriod OS on an Ipad".

Have you finally decided to transition from spectator to creator, VGmaster9? If so, then I will apologize BUT follow up with a question as to exactly how your suggestion would improve YOUR production. Have you been using TVPaint, Harmony, AND Storyboard Pro to speak authoritatively on them? The fact that you made this thread suggests you have not?
VGmaster9 wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 20:34
....along with the high end features and professional look of Harmony.....
:roll:
What are these high end features of Toon Boom that we need to utilize? You suggested that we could use the rich drawing tools of TVPaint and then finish up in Harmony? Why would TVPaint Dev invest in Toon Boom's proprietary format when they are direct competitors? Why do you think Toon Boom would even be open to this? You do realize that whatever pipeline you're suggesting would be better served by replacing Harmony or SBP with After Effects, don't you?

-It might be a little different if you were saying, "I'm an animator and I would consider using your product if it had X, Y, and Z" But that doesn't apply to you because you're not an animator.
-What you are saying is, "Yah, I uhh, think it would be like, super nice if you could do Blah Blah Blah. By the way, I'm never going to ever use your product, I just think it would be super cool to see someone else do it".

In all seriousness, I think it's disrespectful to submit improvement and feature requests when you don't actually have experience with the software or even intend to ever purchase it. The staff have to spend time sifting through all of these requests and technical issues. I'm sure they assume that these posts come from a perspective of familiarity in real situations, not from someone who merely makes commentary without even the benefit of experience.

Finally, why would you not assume that the next version of TVPaint would have enough features to make the need for such compatibility even more worthless than it already is? You seem to think its a fact that Toon Boom currently has and always will have some sort of edge over TVPaint? Not so.
TVPaint PRO 11.0.8 (64bit)
1 - Desktop: Intel Core i7-3770K CPU 3.5GHz, GeForce GTX 750 Ti, 16 GB, Win 10
2 - Tablet/Laptop: Sony Vaio Flip15a - Intel Core i7 (4th Gen) 4500U / 1.8 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M, 16 GB, Win 10

Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry » 29 Aug 2018, 09:41

Well, that is an interesting request.
If I wanted to be cynical, I would say: Why aren't you posting on Toomboon forums that it would be nice if the next TB version would be able to fully integrate TVPaint Animation ?
How would you expect TB to react ?

On a more serious note, the likelihood of something like this to happen is close to zero. Cardin has explained that so well:
Why would TVPaint Dev invest in Toon Boom's proprietary format when they are direct competitors? Why do you think Toon Boom would even be open to this?
P.S. Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
P.S. If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.

---
---
Thierry CANTET

VGmaster9

Post by VGmaster9 » 29 Aug 2018, 15:42

Thierry wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 09:41
Well, that is an interesting request.
If I wanted to be cynical, I would say: Why aren't you posting on Toomboon forums that it would be nice if the next TB version would be able to fully integrate TVPaint Animation ?
How would you expect TB to react ?

On a more serious note, the likelihood of something like this to happen is close to zero. Cardin has explained that so well:
Why would TVPaint Dev invest in Toon Boom's proprietary format when they are direct competitors? Why do you think Toon Boom would even be open to this?
This kind of feature is basically for the film industry. Similar production suites like Toonz, Animo, and Disney's Caps were used for feature films, on top of the traditionally drawn animation on paper. They all give that cinematic quality while using the scalability of vector graphics. It would basically be for those who don't wish to animate on paper then scan on Harmony, nor want to use Harmony's bitmap drawing tools, which virtually everyone agrees are limited in comparison to TVP. Opentoonz has a similar feature for Clip Studio Paint, which is something to learn from.

Cardin Collins

Post by Cardin Collins » 29 Aug 2018, 16:25

I'll just leave this here...
VGmaster9 wrote:
15 Nov 2016, 16:19
Hey, I am new to this forum. I don't use TVPaint nor am I an animator, I'm just a fan of what the software is capable of.
...For TV shows (like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, which is my favorite show to watch right now),....

Not sure what concerns me more, the hubris of someone to make suggestions to improve software that he doesn't use for an industry he doesn't participate in or the admiration for My Little Pony
TVPaint PRO 11.0.8 (64bit)
1 - Desktop: Intel Core i7-3770K CPU 3.5GHz, GeForce GTX 750 Ti, 16 GB, Win 10
2 - Tablet/Laptop: Sony Vaio Flip15a - Intel Core i7 (4th Gen) 4500U / 1.8 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M, 16 GB, Win 10