TVPaint Développement is proud to announce the coming release of TVPaint Animation 10 ! After more than 3 years of development, it is now official: TVPaint Animation 10 will be available on December 6th 2011 !
To reward your patience and your loyalty, TVPaint Développement offers a preferential price for our particularly loyal forum members.
Are you registered on the forum and posted more than 65 posts ? Do not hesitate to contact Fabrice, Patrick or Elodie by email or PM in order to pre-order your future 10th version and take advantage of an exceptional upgrade price :
• Upgrade from TVPaint Animation 9.x Professional Edition to TVPaint Animation 10 Professional Edition : 400 euros* instead of 590 euros* !
• Upgrade from TVPaint Animation 9.x Standard Edition to TVPaint Animation 10 Professional Edition : 800 euros* instead of 935 euros !
( TVPaint Animation 10 Professional Edition [full commercial price] will be 1180 euros*)
The upgrade download will be available on December 6th 2011.
Do not delay for too long ! This offer is limited from November 14th 2011 to December 1st 2011 included !
Would you like to know more about the great new improvements in store for you in TVPaint Animation 10 ? Click on the “spoiler” below :
TVPaint in 32 and 64 bits !
TVPaint technology is now available in 32 and 64 bit versions, for Windows and Linux (coming soon for Mac). The 64 bit version allows the use of more than 3,2Gb of RAM in your machine, contrary to the 32bit version. Now feel free to create High Definition projects without experiencing any slowdown, even when using huge custom brushes.
Moreover, in order to increase the software's response (test and development in octocore computers) compatibilities with multicore processors have been improved.
TVPaint Développement team has created an internal AVI format for its software. This format proposes different compression levels and does not depend on any codec in your computer.
Thanks to that format, you will obtain the same export quality, whatever your operating system (Windows-Mac-Linux) and / or the linked codecs.
New animation tools
TVPaint 10 now allows you optimized management of groups which can be spotted by name or color code. Groupings allows you to organize your layers, sound tracks and storyboard clips in as an identified unique group which have access to linked options such as display, disable, select, apply FX, change timing... and others.
Sound tracks and layers within an identified group will remain synchronized even if you move them within a timeline.
Create instances more easily
TVPaint Animation 10 allows you to create a new instance anywhere in the timeline. This is very useful, because you do not have to create your images manually: draw and animate, frame per frame, without caring about creating instances. TVPaint Animation will generate automatically the instances.
Move, insert or copy your images instantaneously
With TVPaint Animation 10, moving, copying and inserting an image selection across the timeline will be as easy as pie. The time when you had to copy and paste is over! Select, then drag and drop and you’re done.
This great feature is also usable with Xsheet layers.
New Faux-fixe modes
Faux-fixe has been improved again and now contains 3 new modes : repeat, ping-pong, and random.
In order to make navigation easier within a timeline it is now possible to mark your images with separate colors: key images, breakdowns... A dedicated panel is now available in order to help you mark and navigate from one image to another.
Name an image
The image-mark is not sufficient enough ? Double click on an instance's head and a window will appear in which you can enter a frame’s name.
New storyboard and animatic tools.
Optimization of the clips' management
Just as you can group sounds and layers, TVPaint Animation 10 now allows you to organize your clips.
Moreover, you are also able to :
- activate or deactivate a clip. The clip is preserved but will not show during the animatic's playback. This is particularly useful when editing scenes.
- lock or unlock clips' positions. You will be able to edit their content (animation, duration, dialog...), but you cannot modify their order.
- merge the current clip with another one into a single clip.
Edit your animatic's duration with a simple click
With TVPaint Animation 10, modifying your animatic's duration is child’s play. Use the Timeline view and stretch any clip within your animatic; then play back—the result is instantaneous.
Export your storyboard in PDF !
Now, TVPaint Animation can directly export your storyboard in PDF. Thanks to this form of export it has become now possible to print your storyboard panels for your next meeting or your storyboard book.
Passe-Partout and 4/3 borders for the camera tool
New functions have been added for the camera tool :
• Passe-partout helps you to visualize your camera's point of view
• 4/3 borders is very useful when working on a 16/9 project, in order to check the display on a 4/3 screen.
New Tool Bin
As usual, a new version of the Tool Bin is again available with many new tools and papers. Patin roller, chalk, Chinese brushes ... we are certain you will enjoy many of these new tools!
Have you ever lost a custom brush because you had forgotten to save it ? Now, thanks to a brush history feature, you have access to all these brushes from the time you opened the software.
New drawing modes.
Two new drawing modes appear in the tool panel for the Pencil brush and custom brushes :
* Pencil brush now has a « soft » mode.
* Custom brushes can be now in « smear source » mode. This mode allows you to define a source via the « shape settings » panel, in order to smear the colors from the source with the current A color. This feature is really incredible for rotoscoping with a painterly effect.
TVPaint now includes in the « Shape settings » panel a line smoothing feature, allowing you to make the inking step easier. Thanks to this feature you will not have to anymore experience shaky lines where not desired.
Improved drawing recorder
Now, the drawing recorder allows you to choose between two modes : « Display » and « Current layer ». The last one allows you to record a stroke or a drawing and preserve the alpha channel at the same time.
« Black eye » and other tools
In the Sketch panel RGB, you will notice colored mechanical pencils and a new icon with a black eye. This black eye hides colors on the current layer and displays black strokes only during 1 second.
Some colors of TVPaint’s interface have been changed to better answer most users' needs while other themes are available as well, particularly if you prefer a more colorful look.
Old-timers should also notice with pleasure some new graphical changes in the interface :
* The layer stack has been made over to optimize the need to save space while preserving functionality. Now you will better notice an activated alpha channel, whether you are using a mask or a light table, or when your layer is active or if a layer is locked or not.
Menus have been reorganized to make for easier use on Tablet PCs and other laptops with less screen resolution.
Following user feedback, TVPaint Développement now offers new “rooms” to streamline your workflow. In addition to the original workspace, you will find :
* a room dedicated to sketches
* a room optimized for making corrections (teachers and professionals should particularly welcome this)
* a room similar to the original workspace but using the color scheme of TVPaint Animation 9.5
Of course, you can still create your own versions, for instance a room dedicated to spotting sound tracks for lip-synching.
The export panel has become more practical
The export panel has been reorganized to make for easier and more intuitive exportations.
Other improvements :
A History Panel
A new History panel has been added, and as you may guess, this panel allows you to navigate and recover all previously made actions, from the opening of your current TVPaint Animation session.
The Stopwatch with an Audible Metronome
We introduce a novel TVPaint feature for animators: load a sound track, start the stopwatch (simultaneously with your playback if you wish) and mark the beat to any frame you desire. Convert these marks into instances, clips or bookmarks, in order to more readily synchronize sounds with images.
The FX stack contains more functions
New functions have been added to the FX Stack and its appearance has changed as well. Now feel free to apply an FX on instance heads only, on all images, on a selection, or on the current image...
Keyboard shortcuts list has improved organization features and can be now printed.
Everything is said in the title; the keyboard shortcuts list has been better organized in order to find any function with improved ease and the final list of key commands can be printed.
* duty free prices. For more information, please contact us.
• for users having recently bought TVPaint Animation 9.5, without having taken advantage of a special offer, upgrade price or a promotion and who wish to upgrade to the 10 version, please contact us.