Transform tool center of rotation

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Post Reply
Kwadrope
Posts: 58
Joined: 11 Nov 2010, 18:25

Transform tool center of rotation

Post by Kwadrope » 14 Jun 2011, 19:26

Is there any way to change the center of rotation for the transform tool? To choose the pivot point round which the tool rotates.

it annoys me that I cannot choose this.

User avatar
Fabrice
Posts: 10079
Joined: 17 Jul 2007, 15:00
Contact:

Re: Transform tool center of rotation

Post by Fabrice » 15 Jun 2011, 17:16

Sorry, it's not possible at the moment.
Fabrice Debarge

Elodie
Posts: 13913
Joined: 06 Jan 2009, 09:53
Location: Metz

Re: Transform tool center of rotation

Post by Elodie » 16 Jun 2011, 06:31

If you really need to change the pivot, you can use the keyframer and configure the pivot parameters.

Kwadrope
Posts: 58
Joined: 11 Nov 2010, 18:25

Re: Transform tool center of rotation

Post by Kwadrope » 16 Jun 2011, 10:28

that does help a bit,thanks




do I need to request this feature or is this already widely known to the team?

User avatar
Peter Wassink
Posts: 3548
Joined: 17 Feb 2006, 15:38
Location: Amsterdam (Basse-Lotharingie)
Contact:

Re: Transform tool center of rotation

Post by Peter Wassink » 16 Jun 2011, 11:22

Kwadrope wrote:Is there any way to change the center of rotation for the transform tool? To choose the pivot point round which the tool rotates.

it annoys me that I cannot choose this.
it depends on the task you need to do
but if its something that can be done using a custombrush then its very easy to change the rotating pivot.
use the custombrush panel to set a custom Handle (=what TVP calls the brush pivot point)
or if you have to do it a lot, assign a key for changing the "handle"

the custombrush concept is different but in a lot of ways more powerfull then what most people are used to in other apps. (i.e. the transformtool)
so please consider if what you want cannot be done more easy by using the custombrush.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win10/64 Home - Xeon Quadcore E5410@2.33Ghz - 12Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 8Gb RAM

Elodie
Posts: 13913
Joined: 06 Jan 2009, 09:53
Location: Metz

Re: Transform tool center of rotation

Post by Elodie » 16 Jun 2011, 11:41

Kwadrope wrote:do I need to request this feature or is this already widely known to the team?
It was not an already requested feature, but it's not necessary to mention it in the Feature request topic, we already noted it in our "TODO list" ^^

User avatar
Soom
Posts: 759
Joined: 25 Jul 2011, 16:25
Location: World
Contact:

Re: Transform tool center of rotation

Post by Soom » 14 Feb 2012, 14:05

Elodie wrote:
Kwadrope wrote:do I need to request this feature or is this already widely known to the team?
It was not an already requested feature, but it's not necessary to mention it in the Feature request topic, we already noted it in our "TODO list" ^^
Hi Elodie - is this feature already available in TVP 10?
iMac, Os 10.12.6, Cintiq 22", TVP Std 11.0.8

User avatar
Fabrice
Posts: 10079
Joined: 17 Jul 2007, 15:00
Contact:

Re: Transform tool center of rotation

Post by Fabrice » 15 Feb 2012, 12:39

Soom wrote:
Elodie wrote:
Kwadrope wrote:do I need to request this feature or is this already widely known to the team?
It was not an already requested feature, but it's not necessary to mention it in the Feature request topic, we already noted it in our "TODO list" ^^
Hi Elodie - is this feature already available in TVP 10?
no, not yet.
Just on the TO DO board at the moment. :)
Fabrice Debarge

User avatar
Soom
Posts: 759
Joined: 25 Jul 2011, 16:25
Location: World
Contact:

Re: Transform tool center of rotation

Post by Soom » 15 Feb 2012, 20:57

By the way, I should add, that this function should be available also for the transformation of frames on the light table... This is very important cause often when inbetweening, I need to turn a little object on a huge frame field, and it's really hard to adjust the angles... This should also include handles on any zoom levels, so I can turn the frame even when I'm zoomed in.
Thanks!
iMac, Os 10.12.6, Cintiq 22", TVP Std 11.0.8

Post Reply