Import Video into TVPaint , audio does not import

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
D.T. Nethery

Import Video into TVPaint , audio does not import

Post by D.T. Nethery » 25 Apr 2019, 17:22

I noticed when importing a .mov file with audio into TVPaint as a LAYER the audio does not successfully import .

If I import the .mov file as a new Project the audio does import. But I need to bring the .mov file into an existing project as a Layer.

Can someone from TVPaint please confirm this is a known bug or is this only a problem I'm having on my end ?

Import Audio does not work.jpg

MAC OS 10.12.6 , Macbook Pro Retina 15-inch, Mid 2015,
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB Memory , TVPaint PRO 11.0.8, 64bit -
Wacom Cintiq 21 UX - Wacom Intuos Pro 5 - driver version 6.3.20-8

Greenlaw

Re: Import Video into TVPaint , audio does not import

Post by Greenlaw » 29 Apr 2019, 17:40

I ran into the same problem back in September 2018. Here's the thread on the topic:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12049

Importing as a Clip sort of solves the problem for me but with some inconveniences.

Hopefully they're still working to fix this issue.
Last edited by Greenlaw on 29 Apr 2019, 18:19, edited 2 times in total.
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner, Little Green Dog
Lead Digital Animator, DreamWorks Animation Television

D.T. Nethery

Re: Import Video into TVPaint , audio does not import

Post by D.T. Nethery » 29 Apr 2019, 17:46

Greenlaw wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 17:40
I ran into the same problem back in September 2018. Here's the thread on the topic:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12049

Importing as a Clip sort of solves the problem for me but with some inconveniences.

Hopefully they're still working to fix this issue.
Thank you. I do remember that thread . At the time I could not duplicate the issue you mentioned , but now the same thing is happening to me and I'm mystified why it won't import the audio when trying to bring in the .mov as a Layer in an existing project.

Yes ,Importing as a clip is a good workaround most of the time , but in this case I need the .mov to import into an existing project as a layer , with the audio imported , too.
The other workaround I came up with was to extract the sound from the .mov clip (using Quicktime Pro) , then save the extracted sound as .wav , then import the .mov into my project as a layer , then import the .wav file in to reunite the sound with the images of the imported .mov. It works , but is inconvenient . So I also hope that this is something still on the developer's "To-Do" list.
MAC OS 10.12.6 , Macbook Pro Retina 15-inch, Mid 2015,
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB Memory , TVPaint PRO 11.0.8, 64bit -
Wacom Cintiq 21 UX - Wacom Intuos Pro 5 - driver version 6.3.20-8